ROLE: Trainee OR Assistant Estimator – Must have knowledge of steel/metalwork
SALARY: £25,000 – £32,000
LOCATION: East Lothian
A market leading specialist steel and metalwork subcontractor is seeking a Trainee or Assistant Estimator to be based in their office in East Lothian. The successful candidate will be part of a highly successful organisation, who encourage and develop your personal career and aspirations, whilst offering you a generous package and some of the best employment benefits in the industry.
* Assist in Estimating costs and commercial risks of projects at the bid stage
* Assist in the Co-ordination of estimating from other departments and help link the scope, programme, risks and technical submission in generating a cohesive price in formats that suit both the tender submission and the internal Company approval processes
* Co-ordination of subcontractor bids to tie in to Company bidding to clients
* Using standard techniques and experience to scrutinise tender estimates to ensure their competitiveness
* Client would consider someone from a steel fabricator/welder/shop floor background
* Ability to communicate at all levels with all departments and disciplines
* Must have some knowledge of steel / metalwork
For more information Please call our steel and metalwork specialist Sharon O’Donnell at The Highfield Company for information if you feel you are right for this role.