▪ Lead all procurement efforts for the company to be responsible for managing the spend for materials.
▪ Obtain quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion to ensure maximum value and profitable operation.
▪ Responsible for ensuring the code of ethics following policy, procedures and applicable local regulations.
▪ The span of work includes Purchasing Direct & Indirect Materials, Project Procurement, Expediting and Bid Support.
▪ Shall demonstrate strong leadership and managerial competencies, including integrity, accountability, communication skills and commitment to teamwork and excellence in responsibilities such as selecting, mentoring, coaching, supervising, motivating and training procurement staff
▪ Responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures and their application by the purchasing staff in their daily work
▪ Develop and train procurement staff to follow a succession plan for lateral as well as upward moves within PSCM
▪ Assists VP PSCM with developing business continuity plans for the department
▪ Subject matter expert for all matters related to procurement and any departmental interdependencies
▪ Exercise a strong sense of urgency to maintain high personal performance while making decisions and allocating resources in a cost-efficient manner.
▪ Set work objectives; and direct, supervise and review staff and staff assignments providing high-level technical/administrative guidance on work requirements and methods
▪ Conduct evaluations of procurement staff for review. Coach, train, counsel and advise staff taking corrective action as needed.
▪ Develop and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
▪ Institute and make recommendations on policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses to ensure increasing productivity and successful compliances of all procurement related activities
▪ Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for materials without sacrificing quality or delivery times
▪ Manage and review documents for the procurement of all supplies, equipment and ensure compliance of the Procurement Policy and Procedures as well as applicable rules and regulations
▪ Conduct the evaluation of proposals, offers and bids in accordance with procedures while selecting the best supplier in accordance with solicitation requirements
▪ Assure suppliers will deliver materials in accordance with standard of price, time, quantity and quality agreed upon
▪ Ensure records are maintained and procurements are documented from origination through completion
Qualifications & Experience:
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or closely related degree
▪ Preferably supported with a Masters Degree (MBA or others)
▪ MCIPS OR a supply chain degree (at Masters level)
▪ Certified Purchasing Manager
▪ Certified Purchasing Professional
▪ Certified Professional Purchasing Manager
▪ Broad knowledge on ship/rig building industry, equipment/materials and internal and external supply chain
▪ Basic computer skills and word processing
▪ Good mathematical background
▪ Experience with spreadsheets
▪ Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
▪ Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
▪ Excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills
▪ Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and energetically approach tasks assigned
▪ Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
▪ Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
▪ Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
▪ Adept at conflict resolution and solving complex problems
▪ A people’s person and comfortable with communicating at all levels from senior management to junior employees
▪ Be able to articulate arguments fluently in English in an objective manner
▪ Expert at negotiation skills having managed complex and high value awards previously in multicultural environments
▪ At least eighteen (18) years of procurement experience for engineered materials, operational management experience in the ship/rig building industry or oil and gas industry.
▪ The biggest requirement, though, is a proven track record of involving with procurement of mechanical high-end equipment/materials delivering large savings with a strong team of employees