Role: Materials Engineer – Highways
Location: South Wales
Are you an experienced Materials Engineer with a demonstrable history within the Highways Sector? Are you looking for an opportunity to play a role within a landmark Highways scheme in South Wales assisting Construction teams with; testing, sampling and value engineering of materials?
Then a key role within this Market leading Civil Engineering Contractor could be for you.
Within this newly created position, my client is looking to recruit an experienced Materials Engineer to join them on a £590m Highways scheme. Within this role, you will support the Materials Engineer to manage the quality control of materials.
Your duties will include:
- Implement materials strategies developed at pre-contract stage.
- Add value in construction projects through optimisation of materials.
- Lead technical expert for construction materials for the group.
- Production of materials management plans on complex projects.
- Participate in construction quality control.
- Sampling and testing of materials.
- Analyse test results on projects to optimise solutions.
Ideal Qualifications include:
- Degree Qualified.
- Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Experience on earthworks, drainage, structural concrete, processing and recycling of waste, UKAS materials testing, compliance and control.
- Strong technical capability
- Knowledge and experience of the following: Earthworks, concrete technology, SHW, WRAP Protocol: CL:AIRE: Waste Classification WM3
- MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with great vision and a clear path to success.
Please contact Sabrina O’Donnell if you feel this Role could be right for you.
Job Reference: 12345_1639474977
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Car
Salary From: £50000
Salary To: £55000
Job Industries: Civil Engineering
Job Locations: Wales
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Civil Engineering, Drainage, earthworks, Highways, structural concrete