Lead Engineer – Structural (Rig Building Engineering)
· Lead the structural discipline in the assigned projects
· Oversee a team of structural designers while carrying out design engineering and 3D modelling
· Preparation and review of hull and outfitting structural drawings
· Guidance and review of the lifting studies and stress analysis
· Preparation of design basis, project specific specifications for EPC projects and other projects involving basic / detail engineering
· Carryout feasibility studies and tender document preparation
· Material engineering which includes preparation of purchase specifications, purchase requisitions, technical bid analysis, Supplier document / drawing evaluation after order
· Construction engineering activities including MTO’s, shop drawings and job package preparation and issue
· Co-ordination with Internal Departments, Customer & Inspection Agencies
· Ensure that design comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations, and procedures
· Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents
· Attend project review meetings
· Responsible for change management and trend notifications
· Monitor budget compliance of design deliverable production
· Activity planning, work assignment, work scheduling and monitoring. Inter disciplinary checks & co-ordination
· Ensure compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures
· Ensure quality and accuracy of the engineering deliverables for the discipline and compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) responsibilities.
· Engineering design work in rig building – 80% of the time approx.
· Coordination / communication (internal and external) – 10% of the time approx.
· Progress of project deliverables/commitments – 10% of the time approx.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering
· Preferred – any additional certification/courses in Structural Engineering
· Sound knowledge of international codes & standards, maritime regulations, and class rules
· Design experience in steel structural analysis software used in marine industry
· Exposure to AutoCAD 3D design tools like AVEVA
· Exposure to structural design software such as ANSYS, SACS, STAAD Pro, Abaqus
· Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment
· Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regards to continuous improvement
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· 10+ years in engineering design department of any offshore rig building or ship building industry