Lead Piping Engineer – Rig Building Engineering
· Lead the Piping discipline in the assigned projects
· Oversee a team of piping designers while carrying out design engineering and 3D modelling
· Preparation and review of P&ID system during calculation
· Guidance and review in the preparation of Plot plans, Equipment layouts, Piping Layouts
· Guidance and review of the Design calculations, Piping Stress Analysis
· Preparation of Design basis, Project specific specifications for EPC projects and other projects involving Basic / Detail engineering. Feasibility studies and Tender document preparation
· Material engineering which includes preparation of Purchase specifications, Purchase requisitions, technical bid analysis, Supplier document / drawing evaluation after order
· Construction engineering activities including MTOs, shop drawings and job package preparation and issue
· Co-ordination with Internal Departments, Customer & Inspection Agencies
· Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations, and procedures
· Progress monitoring and adherence to scheduled completion of engineering documents
· Attend project review meetings
· Responsible for change management and trend notifications
· Monitor budget compliance of design deliverable production
· Activity planning, work assignment, work scheduling and monitoring. Inter disciplinary checks & co-ordination
· Ensure compliance with all applicable information security policies & procedures
· Ensure quality and accuracy of the engineering deliverables for the discipline and compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) responsibilities.
· Engineering design work in rig building – 80% of the time approx.
· Coordination / communication (internal and external) – 10% of the time approx.
· Progress of project deliverables/commitments – 10% of the time approx.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Sound knowledge of international codes & standards, maritime regulations, and class rules
· Design experience in pipe sizing, calculations in Marine industry
· Exposure to AutoCAD and 3D design tools like AVEVA
· Exposure to piping engineering related to software such as Pipe Flow, PIPENET, CAESAR
· Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment
· Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regards to continuous improvement
· Good communication and presentation skills.
· 10+ years in engineering design department of any offshore rig building or ship building industry