About the Position:
The Inverter Engineer will be directly involved in the product development engineering of utility scale energy storage solutions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Determine detailed technical requirements for inverters while participating in an Agile product development process
- Review inverter technical documentation to determine compliance with requirements and evaluate technical characteristics
- Verify inverter functionality and performance characteristics by testing at our own testing facilities and/or supplier facilities
- Develop deep understanding of inverter operations and provide guidance to the Product teams on inverter integration into the company products
- Work with major power converter system suppliers on modifications or improvements to their products to ensure optimal integration with our system design
- Develop tests, optimize standard test procedures and perform product testing, including involvement in hands on lab testing during evaluations of prototype systems
- Analyze operational and test data to troubleshoot and resolve system problems
- Work with field engineers for rapid solutions to problems as they arise
What will our ideal candidate bring?
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree and 4-10 years of work experience in development of power conversion systems for grid applications.
- Familiarity with DC/AC or DC/DC converter operation; some experience designing or modeling control systems for inverters is a plus
- Knowledge of related safety and test standards, such as UL, IEC, ISO standards; knowledge of utility grid interconnection standards and regional grid codes is a plus
- Familiarity with utility scale systems design, control, and monitoring
- Knowledge of or history working with major component suppliers in the solar or battery storage industry, such as inverters, PV panels, or lithium ion batteries
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, approximately 10% of the time
Job Reference: NIOS-IE_1645635764
Salary From: $100000
Salary To: $120000
Job Industries: Energy
Job Locations: USA
Job Types: Permanent