General Manager, Talent Acquisition
The role holder is responsible for developing a global recruitment strategy supplemented with rigorous yet effective recruitment and selection processes to attract the best talent to the company in all its various roles. This role is expected to manage the talent supply in an effective and timely manner as per the requirements of each business unit or activity.
▪ Establish the recruitment strategy in line with the organization’s priorities and strategy.
▪ Prepare and manage the annual recruitment budget, including contracts with head-hunters and other service providers placating the internal recruitment efforts.
▪ Forecast the workforce requirements for the company and develop a workforce plan accordingly, in discussion with the company business leaders and stakeholders.
▪ Define the operating framework including policies and procedures and quality standards for the Talent Acquisition Team.
▪ Coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders to develop a shared approach of all services provided to clients (internal/external) and support the development of the companies HR Strategy.
▪ Identify manpower planning requirements and develops a manpower plan for the company in collaboration with each business unit.
▪ Develop recruitment activities for the company to target specific needs or talents through programs such as graduate
recruitment and outreach with professional colleges and institutions.
▪ Direct the preparation and management of the annual recruitment plan and corresponding recruitment Activities.
▪ Develop a strong talent pipeline in line with the identified manpower requirements through both internal / external means.
▪ Oversee the design of all recruitment-related processes and ensures activities such as screening,
interviewing, reference checking are executed as per the defined processes.
▪ Identify and act upon opportunities for digitalization and automation of processes to support the companies HR’s needs for expediency and reliability at scale.
▪ Direct the execution of all the activities related to the recruitment life cycle including selection, offer,
negotiation, reference checking, and closing the offer to the candidate.
▪ Oversee the coordination activities and processes with other HR disciplines (e.g. Government Relations) to understand and align processes and manage candidate experience and expectations.
▪ Oversee the identification and management of strategic alliances with recruitment agencies and educational institutes, ensuring they are aware and collaborating with the company to supply a qualified workforce.
▪ Review amendments and/or extensions of employment of selected employees, having general oversight (with Legal) over the language and modalities of hiring and employment terms in contracts.
▪ Oversee the design and implementation of a database management framework for the upkeep of recruitment
-related records for analysis, decision making, and future references.
▪ Guide managers on the management and their involvement in the recruitment process.
▪ Contributes to defining an optimum structure for the company by ensuring the smooth flow of information, responsibility,
authority and capital between the offices of the company and its stakeholders (internal/external)) with regards to training and performance.
▪ Shares accountability for designing the employee experience and the overall organization and performance of the HR department of the company with other HR executives in the organization.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
▪ Recommends improvements to HR procedures and coordination across the function and the organization based on recruitment results, external recruiter feedback and ensures implementation and respect of best
in-class recruitment policies, procedures, and systems.
▪ Ensures HR-related reports and briefings are prepared timely and accurately and meet legal and program
requirements, policies, and standards.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or other relevant fields.
▪ A Master’s Degree is preferred.
▪ A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar government entity/program with at least 3 years in a similar role.
▪ Professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English.
▪ Professional proficiency (written and verbal) in Arabic.