Are you a High End Furniture Design Manager? We have a very unique opportunity to work with an International Indoor and Outdoor Furniture business who manufacture high end furniture.
The position is offering an excellent salary/package providing/paying for.
– Accommodation (Family)
– Flights (Family)
– International School for 2 children (75% covered)
Passionate, curious and driven senior designer with expertise in indoor and outdoor furniture product design from concept to final product; experiencing in managing business units and teams. Manage the creative process for design categories and execution of designs, collaborate with international and in-house design teams, cross-functional merchant and sourcing partners, manufacturers/vendors.
Manage product development process for category from initial concepts through final sample approval.
- Work with Business Head to develop the creation of seasonal and core design direction (materials, finishes, shapes, details) that achieve overall merchandising vision and Brand Strategy.
- Create presentation documents, present and participate in the Concept Presentation.
- Research both assigned product development categories and general market. Gather market data on key home and fashion trends and interpret results for the brand. Collaborate with Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager and Finance Manager to formulate and propose competitive strategy.
- Pre-develop new ideas and concepts as requested for Concept Presentations. Identify key ideas to be developed and collaborate with Production Manager.
- Translate global trends into concepts and designs that respond to all business needs and relevant product categories.
- Develop SKU-level designs from conception through revisions to final sample approval – that support seasonal concepts, white space opportunities and big ideas, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. Present to Business Head for review and approval prior to merch review.
- Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to “sell” concepts and designs to customers and executive team.
- Present pre-sketches and final specs to Production and Supply Chain, collaborate with Production on final sketches. Present final sketches to Executive team.
- Ensure product design packages are complete, accurate and handed off to sourcing and merchant partners. Draft designs and develop clear CAD drawings and 3-D modelling when necessary.
- Maintain brand P.O.V. through collaboration with international designers and peers, customers and vendors.
Leadership: Lead, Partner, Organize, Communication
- Work with team to interview, develop and manage interns throughout the internship period and on specific projects.
- Communicate product development status, updates and calendar adherence to leader and cross-functional teams.
- Manage, organize, and maintain sample and swatch library. Create and maintain PD tracking and project binders each season.
- Drive creative and inspirational thinking, be deadline and decision driven. Continually excel in excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Lead by example to cultivate a positive company culture.
- Lead meetings and discussions to drive decisions.
Business: Calendar, Business savvy, Collaboration
- Manage and ensure all project adherence to master calendar deadlines, utilizing strong organizational and scheduling skills. Manage design projects and processes.
- Lead collaboration with teams and communicate effectively through the design life cycle, utilizing effective cross-functional & vendor-relations skills.
- Cultivate and maintain awareness of sales history, best/worst, growth categories, white space opportunities to drive through successful designs.
- 7 years + experience in design/drafting and specifying furniture or home decor products in a fast-paced environment. Solid wood and Upholstery experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related degree is preferred.
- Excellent 2 & 3D sketching and CAD
If you want to discuss this unique opportunity further please send your profile
Job Reference: BBBH15253_1644520397
Salary: US$55000 - US$65000 per annum + Accommodation,Car,Utiltiies,school + more
Salary From: $55000
Salary To: $65000
Job Industries: Engineering
Job Locations: Gabon
Job Types: Permanent