Dry Dock Superintendent
The Dry Dock Division Head is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the 3 dry docks within the yard including its manpower and assets in compliance with company policies, rules and regulations and upholding company’s values and safety standards. Along with the accountability for the maintenance of the said facilities through the Asset Management department.
- Presides over daily operations leading the implementation of safety and efficiency planning, & continuous improvement strategy.
- Review drawings and specifications for determining docking arrangements and keel block positioning and mooring arrangements.
- Ensure proper waste disposal from vessels in the dry docks and dry docks are properly conducted.
- Ensure Docking preparation prior to vessel arrival is taking place as required.
- Control of dry docks procedures ensuring vessel correct positioning during operations.
- Build up the Dry Dock division’s capabilities by developing its org. chart, manpower plan, roles and responsibilities and job description.
- Build up the Dry Dock division developing, procedures, guidelines, manuals as required.
- Support the Production & Project Managers with planning for maximising utilisation & performance of the Dry Docks facilities & associated resources.
- Ensure the Dry Docks and all associated equipment are maintained in collaboration with the Asset Management department, with the operational driven reliability mind set.
- Control allocated operational budget and assist with the development of budgetary/CAPEX forecasts.
- Support the Human Resources Department with effective recruitment & selection of personnel.
- Work closely with other Marine Operations divisions to ensure good communications and smooth operations.
- Work closely with HSE to engineer out potential hazards, to provide a safe working environment, for all employees.
- Work closely with the MYCC in planning movements, dry-docking & berthing operations.
- Work closely with the 3rd party port operator providing the Pilotage, Towage etc. to coordinate vessel arrivals and docking operations.
- Support the implementation of ISO 55001:2014, Asset Management System in the division.
- Review and approve spare parts strategies for the Dry Dock division’s assets
- Responsible for inspection of dry docks structures and associated assets and making sure all is in optimum working condition.
- Promote and implement a strong safety culture for all Marine Operations and ensure that staff are properly adhering to company safety regulations and are fully briefed on all safety requirements.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of company Business plans.
- Responsible for identifying and managing appropriate training and development in the interest of quality of service, customer satisfaction, health and safety and the personal development of individuals within the Dry Dock division.
- Represent company as required at internal or external meetings
Qualifications & Experience
- Preference Degree/Diploma or Trade Qualification
- Any formal dry docking operational course similar to what is provided by Royal Institute of Naval Architects, or willingness to attend
- Understanding of Asset Management & Marine Operations and ERP systems
- and relevant ISO standard, knowledge of SOLAS, MARPOL, IALA & other marine regulations & conventions.
- The ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, across a broad range of technologies and implement training programs.
- Resilient under stress and capable of managing competing priorities.
- Over 10 years of experience in the marine industry, dry dock operation specifically
- FULL EXPAT PACKAGE + VISA
Job Reference: NIOS-DDS-SA_1643123239
Salary: Full Expat Package
Salary From: £
Salary To: £
Job Industries: Energy
Job Locations: Saudi Arabia
Job Types: Permanent