Job title: Scheme Manager – Or Quality Manager wanting to step up to Scheme Manager
Location: Doncaster office / Home Working
Responsible for: Audit Verification, Scheme Assistant(s), External Subcontract Auditors
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + Package
Job purpose: The Scheme Manager will have the necessary technical and sector specific knowledge. Experience and knowledge of Auditing / Quality systems in the steel and metalwork sector.
- Assists the Scheme in Administration, implementation and control of the day to day certification activities.
- Reviewing client applications and assisting in providing quotations.
- Co-ordination and management of all pre/post certification activities.
- Reviewing and signing off audit reports (once suitably trained).
- Arranging for the review, decision making and report sign off (where involved in the audit).
- The assessment and monitoring of Auditors and have sound knowledge of ISO 19011 and its implementation.
- Conducting audit assessments (for assessments where qualified / signed off)
- Lead employee for all UKAS head office assessments.
- Delegated attendee for the meetings of UKGAB, NHSS 3, 3B, 19A and 20.
- Lead employee for general, technical, and regulatory enquiries.
- Arranging for and conducting the annual internal audit.
Sector Specific Qualifications –
- Must be fully conversant with UKAS systems and procedures as applicable to Certification Bodies
- A good working knowledge of the National Structural Steelwork Specification including steel construction design procedures, steel fabrication methods, welding techniques and welder control, corrosion protection, painting and surface preparation
- A good working knowledge of construction site activities
- A good working knowledge of the relevant management system standards e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, SSIP, NHSS etc
- Shall be competent with respect to the relevant requirements of ISO 17021
Main responsibilities: ensuring the allocated contracts are managed and undertaken in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions of the contract, programme, specification and budget to ensure that all aspects of the contract are successfully completed.
For more information on this position please get in touch with our structural steel specialist Sharon O’Donnell